The main objective of this course is to increase participants’ knowledge in understanding the rights and obligations of both employers and employees in Employment Act, knowledge of the coverage of Employment Act and Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA), and knowledge of the process in applying for Work Injury related claims.
Introduction of Employment Act
- Hours of Work
- Rest Day
- Leave (Annual, Public, Sick)
- Protection and Extended Coverage
- Other benefits of employment
- Non Statutory Benefits of Employment
- Maternity Leave/Childcare/Infant care
- Dispute Resolution Process
- Offences and Penalties
- Fair Employment Practices
- Coverage of WICA
- Employer’s Liability for Compensation
- Persons Entitled to Compensation
- Compensation under WICA
- Compensation limits
- Claims process
- Overview of claims process
- Incident reporting
- Assessment of claim
- Notice of assessment
- Objects to PI%
- Offences and penalties
Target Audience: Personnel who wishes to know more about Employment Act and WICA
Course Duration: 16 hours (2 days)
Course fees: $321.00 inclusive of GST
Self-sponsored individuals may utilize your SkillsFuture Credit for this course. Please refer to this link for more information.
Company-sponsored participants may be eligible for training grants. Please refer here for information on submitting training grant (for company), and this website for information on submitting claims (for company).
Click here to register!